Monday, November 19, 2007

Hello Earth



I watched Tekkonkinkreet after I got it and I really love it! What a treat and what a great way to get more inspired. I also watched the extras, and the extras on the Paprika dvd and both have helped a lot in firing me up. So today in response to this positive energy I worked on some tests. I tried out some textures with the buildings, and also had fun experimenting with compositing- to give myself a feel for how the character may look with the painterly background. From the tests I've determined that the painted textures route is a really good route to go. This image isn't a cg painting. The background is a render, and the character is also a render but from a separate scene, and I comped the two together. The only painting that was done was additional clouds and dust, some post lighting and color treatments, and I lightened Keith's mustache a bit. For a test I'm very pleased with the results, and I look forward to getting to the official stuff! Note once again, this is just a w.i.p. test, so things will definitely change~ cool!

5 comments:

dae lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dae lee said...

wasaiiii
the shot looks so natural--brilliant!
i've yet to see the kinkreet extras,
hope i get as much out of it as you did :U
your guy's thesis is really coming alive, amazing man
hope you have an awesome break!

DaveH said...

Even though Tekkon was odd, I did like the backgrounds, the flexibility of the character designs (able to age, scar, dress differently, etc. without being unrecognizable), and the animation when things moved. I think it's as good an influence as any!

Christine said...

looking so good. :D Keep it up.

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?